Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

hey hey hey!!
I found dome really cool pictures of plants at my house and one of them is actually a good example of phototropism! ( at first me and my sister thought that my cat broke it but then we were realized that the roots were still deep in the soil)
I can't name most of them except one of them is a jasmine also known as a raat ki rani which means queen of the night. it's called that because it blooms at night! it's most common name is in hindi because it's prominent is south asia and it's berries are poisonous!!!!


I'm not sure what plant this is
same with this one but it's pretty awesome

this is the example of phototropism! notice how since the blinds are semi up its growing up and to the side to get light energy. you can't see the second window too well but the start of where the blinds finish is just cut off.


Jasmine or "raat ki rani" i haven't seen this one bloom in a really long time but it usually blooms in the summer and it makes the whole room smell amazing!!!





this is what the flower looks like. I honestly was not aware of the words at the bottom but they made me lol just a little bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment